Pandas, Matplotlib, Seaborn, & More! Analyze Dozens of Datasets & Create Stunning Visualizations
What you’ll learn
Master Pandas Dataframes and Series
Create beautiful visualizations with Seaborn
Analyze dozens of real-world datasets
Practice with tons of exercises and challenges
Learn the ins and outs of Matplotlib
Organize, filter, clean, aggregate, and analyze DataFrames
Master Hierarchical Indexing
Merge datasets together in Pandas
Create line, bar, box, scatter, pie, violin, rug, swarm, strip, and other plots!
Work with Jupyter Notebooks
- Basic Python Knowledge (variables, conditionals, etc)
Welcome to (what I think is) the web’s best course on Pandas, Matplotlib, Seaborn, and more! This course will level up your data skills to help you grow your career in Data Science, Machine Learning, Finance, Web Development, or any tech-adjacent field.
This is a tightly structured course that covers a ton, but it’s all broken down into human-sized pieces rather than an overwhelming reference manual that throws everything at you at once. After each and every new topic, you’ll have the chance to practice what you’re learning and challenge yourself with exercises and projects. We work with dozens of fun and real-world datasets including Amazon bestsellers, Rivian stock prices, Presidential Tweets, Bitcoin historic data, and UFO sightings.
If you’re still reading, let me tell you a little about the curriculum.. In the course, you’ll learn how to:
- Work with Jupyter Notebooks
- Use Pandas to read and manipulate datasets
- Work with DataFrames and Series objects
- Organize, filter, clean, aggregate, and analyze DataFrames
- Extract and manipulate date, time, and textual information from data
- Master Hierarchical Indexing
- Merge datasets together in Pandas
- Create complex visualizations with Matplotlib
- Use Seaborn to craft stunning and meaningful visualizations
- Create line, bar, box, scatter, pie, violin, rug, swarm, strip, and other plots!
What makes this course different from other courses on the same topics? First and foremost, this course integrates visualizations as soon as possible rather than tacking it on at the end, as many other courses do. You’ll be creating your first plots within the first couple of sections! Additionally, we start using real datasets from the get go, unlike most other courses which spend hours working with dull, fake data (colors, animals, etc) before you ever see your first real dataset. With all of that said, I feel bad trash talking my competitors, as there are quite a few great courses on the platform 🙂
I think that about wraps it up! The topics in this courses are extremely visual and immediate, which makes them a joy to teach (and hopefully for you to learn). If you have even a passing interest in these topics, you’ll likely enjoy the course and tear through it quickly. This stuff might seem intimidating, but it’s actually really approachable and fun! I’m not kidding when I say this is my favorite course I’ve ever made. I hope you enjoy it too.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner Python devs curious about data analysis, data visualization, or data science
Created by Colt Steele
Last updated 12/2021
Size: 8.49 GB