- Project-driven learning with plenty of examples
- All about variables, functions, objects and arrays
- Object-oriented programming
- Event handling, asynchronous coding and Http requests
- Meta-programming, performance optimization, memory leak busting
- Testing, security and deployment
- And so much more!
- Basic web development knowledge is recommended
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS helps but is NOT required
What’s in the course?
This course is obviously packed with content – I therefore strongly recommend that you check out the full course curriculum to get a clear idea of all the topics covered in the course. In general, here’s what you’ll find in the course:
- ALL the Basics: Variables, constants, functions, how scripts are loaded etc
- Arrays & Objects: We’ll explore these very important data structures in great detail
- Control Structures: Understand how to run code conditionally and in loops
- Classes & Object-oriented Programming: Learn how to work with classes, prototypes, the “this” keyword, constructor functions and much more
- Asynchronous and Synchronous Programming: We’ll explore callbacks, promises, async/ await and other important tools and language features to execute code correctly
- Tooling, Optimizations & Browser Support: Code splitting, producing small code and ensuring that scripts work in all browsers – this matters and hence is covered in great detail
- Libraries & Frameworks: Learn about libraries like Axios or frameworks like React.js – why they matter and how to use them
- Node.js: Whilst focusing on the browser-side for the majority of the course (because the syntax is the same), we’ll also have a dedicated section on Node.js to learn all about that JS host environment
- Security & Performance Optimizations: Of course security matters, so does performance – no surprise that both is covered in the course!
- Automated Testing: Testing manually is hard work and can be unreliable – in this course you’ll also get an introduction into automated testing
What are the course prerequisites?
- You also need NO programming experience other than basic web development knowledge (e.g. how the web works)
- Basic HTML and CSS knowledge is recommended but not a must-have
Created by Academind by Maximilian Schwarzmüller, Maximilian Schwarzmüller
Last updated 7/2020
Size: 19.34 GB