Mastery in Java Web Services and RESTful API with SpringBoot
Build Java Web Services and REST API – RESTful and SOAP – with Spring & Spring Boot
What you’ll learn
You will Learn to Design and Develop SOAP and RESTful web services with Spring Boot
You will Learn to implement application level Exception Handling, entity validation, HATEOAS and Filtering for RESTful Web Services
You will understand how to use Spring Annotations – @Autowired, @Component, @Service, @Repository, @Configuration, @Primary
You will understand about WSDL definition, SOAP – Header, Body, Fault, XSD, JAXB Classes and WSDL EndPoint
You will use a variety of Spring Boot Starters – Spring Boot Starter Web, Starter Data Jpa, Starter Test
You will Become a COMPLETE Spring Developer – With the ability to write Great Unit Tests
You will learn the basics of Spring Boot, Spring JDBC and JPA
Basic Core Java knowledge is required
Knowledge of SQL and databases is helpful
You should have prior core java experience and here you will all the required knowledge about Web Services
RESTful Web Services
This Course is designed for Software Professionals who are willing to learn RESTful Web Services in simple and easy steps. This tutorial will give you great understanding on RESTful Web Services concepts and after completing this tutorial you will be at intermediate level of expertise from where you can take yourself at higher level of expertise.
RESTful Web Services are basically REST Architecture based Web Services. In REST Architecture everything is a resource. RESTful web services are light weight, highly scalable and maintainable and are very commonly used to create APIs for web-based applications. This tutorial will teach you the basics of RESTful Web Services and contains chapters discussing all the basic components of RESTful Web Services with suitable examples.
Advantages of RESTful Web Services:
Fast: RESTful Web Services are fast because there is no strict specification like SOAP. It consumes less bandwidth and resource.
Language and Platform independent: RESTful web services can be written in any programming language and executed in any platform.
Can use SOAP: RESTful web services can use SOAP web services as the implementation.
Permits different data format: RESTful web service permits different data format such as Plain Text, HTML, XML and JSON.
What will cover in this entire course :
- What is a Web Service?
- What is a RESTful Web Service?
- How to implement RESTful Web Services with Spring and Spring Boot in simple steps
- Learn through implementing a project
- How to design Resources and GET, POST,PUT and DELETE operations?
- How to implement Validation for RESTful Web Services
- How to implement Exception Handling for RESTful Web Services
- What is HATEOAS? How to implement HATEOAS for a Resource
- What are the different approach in versioning RESTful Services
- How to use Postman to execute RESTful Service Requests
- How to implement basic authentication with Spring Security
- How to implement filtering for RESTful Services
- How to monitor RESTful Services with Spring Boot Actuator
- How to document RESTful Web Services with Swagger
- How to connect RESTful Services to a backend with JPA
- What is a SOAP Web Service
- What is WSDL (Web Service Definition Language)
- What is SOAP Header, SOAP Body and SOAP Fault?
- What is an XSD (XML Schema Definition)
- How to write an XSD for your requests and responses using eclipse visual editor
- What is JAXB and how to implement them
- What is an WSDL Endpoint
- How to implement basic level security with WS-Security for SOAP Web Services
- What are the different steps in building SOAP Web Services with Spring Web Services & Spring Boot
- How to execute SOAP Requests using Wizdler browser plugin
Learn the topics in Spring and Spring Boot:
- Spring Boot
- Spring Core – IoC
- Spring Data JPA
- Spring REST
- Spring Security
- MySql with Rest API
Who this course is for:
- The course is for all Java developers: beginners to advanced who want to master Spring framework modules with Spring Boot with proper examples
- This learning path is for developers who wish to create their own web applications with Spring 5
- This course is designed for developers who wish to use the Spring Frameworks for enterprise application development
- You want to learn the basics of Web Services
- You want to learn how to develop RESTful web services
- You want to learn how to develop SOAP web services
Created by Arun Ammasai
Last updated 6/2021
Size: 3.18 GB