A Hacker’s Guide to Internet Safety and Cybersecurity
Learn simple strategies to protect yourself and your loved ones against hackers, viruses, malware, and ransomware
What Will I Learn?
- How to identify common cyber risks and reduce the risk of your information being stolen
- Best practices for passwords and why it’s important to have strong passwords
- What 2-factor authentication is and how to use it
- How to secure your personal computers and mobile devices
- How hackers steal your personal data
- Techniques and applications to use for browsing the web more privately
- Be able to browse the the internet and check email
- Be able to navigate a mobile device and computer to access their settings
Have you ever been hacked? Do you know someone who has been but aren’t sure how to protect yourself? Are you concerned that you might not be doing enough to protect yourself against hackers or scammers?
Then this is the class for you.
In this class, we will discuss current cyber threats to you and your family in easy-to-understand terms. I will teach you how to identify areas of the daily technological environment that could be compromised, and will provide you with simple and effective techniques to make sure that you are less likely to have your information stolen.
I’ve been in the cybersecurity industry for ten years, and I am passionate about teaching best practices to beginners and well-seasoned professionals alike. As a White Hat Hacker, I have to think like bad guys in order to protect devices from bad guys. In my career, I’ve protected the networks of Fortune 1000 companies and small businesses, and I am thrilled to be able to translate that experience into helpful everyday knowledge that you can implement today to protect yourself.
You should definitely consider this course if:
- You have the same password for every site you use
- That same password is less than 10 characters
- You store said passwords on a sticky note under your keyboard
- You connect to any public WiFi
- You don’t know about 2-factor authentication or how to use it
- You don’t know about internet browser plugins that can protect your privacy
This is a short list of topics covered in the class, but if any of these apply to you, don’t worry! You don’t know what you don’t know about cybersecurity and how to protect yourself until someone teaches you the risks and how to mitigate them – this course is designed to be this resource for you.
Hope to see you inside!
- Anyone who is concerned about online safety and device security
- Anyone who has been hacked in the past
- Anyone who wants to know how to protect themselves in the future
Created by Kyle Slosek
Last updated 7/2018
Size: 2.34 GB