Blender Character Creator
Model, Sculpt, Texture, Rig & Animate A Video Game Character. Created in Blender 2.83
- Create a character from start to finish using Blender.
- Block out the basic shape of your character using a standard box modelling approach.
- Use the sculpt tools to shape the broad level details of your character.
- Use the sculpt tools to add fine details to your character.
- Texture paint your character to give it colour and details.
- Rig (add bones) to your character so that it can be animated.
- Animate your character.
- Add your character into the Unity game engine if you choose to do so.
- You should be able to use a PC at a beginner level.
- A 3-button mouse with scroll wheel recommended.
Take your first steps to becoming a 3D character artist – learn everything from modelling to painting to animating the character. The course is the sequel to the highly popular Blender Character Creator course, enjoyed by 10s of thousands of students.
This course has been created using Blender 2.83 and is compatible with newer versions of Blender.
Whether you’re a beginner or more advanced, the experienced instructors will take you through every step of the process, ensuring that you aren’t just “copy and pasting” what you see, but learning the tools and developing your own creative process as you go.
For each concept taught this course includes a relevant challenge for you to implement yourself. You can follow along with the Ogre model used in the course, or create your own character using reference material or your own sketches.
The course will show you how to create a highly detailed, great looking character for your portfolio as well as turning that same character into an asset ready to be implemented into a video game engine.
The entire course is project-based, so you will apply your new skills immediately to real 3D models. All the project files will be included, as well as additional references and resources – you’ll never get stuck. There are talking-head videos, powerful diagrams, quality screencasts and more.
For each model you build, you will follow this process…
- Be challenged to build the entire model yourself.
- Be shown step-by-step how to build it.
- Apply your knowledge regularly.
- Encouraged and supported throughout your journey
You will get full lifetime access for a single one-off fee. If you’re a complete beginner, we’ll teach you all the modelling fundamentals you’ll need. If you’re an artist, we’ll teach you to truly bring your assets to life. If you’re a coder, we’ll teach you modelling and design principles.
All students have access to the Q&A where our Instructors, Teaching Assistants and Community are ready to help answer your questions and cheer on your success.
Note: access to this course comes with an optional, free community site where you can share games and 3D models, as well as connect with thousands of other students.
Dive in now, you won’t be disappointed!
- You should want to learn Blender 2.8 – specifically for character creation.
- You may want to learn to rig and animate a character you’ve already created.
- You have a character that you want to transfer into a game engine.
Created by GameDev.tv Team, Rick Davidson, Grant Abbitt
Last updated 6/2020
Size: 8.82 GB