Learn Devops: Continuously Deliver Better Software
Excel in delivering and deploying software using Git, Vagrant, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Apply DevOps in your team
- Understand Continuous Delivery
- Automate the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Automate the deployment process
- Reduce release time
- Release better software
- Build a highly available and fully scalable application
- Deploy microservices using Docker and Kubernetes
- Automate using Ansible and Chef
- Understanding the basics of networking and be able to write code in any programming language will significantly increase your course experience
- If you are not familiar with the basic system administration concepts, you might have to do some additional reading. You can also use our discussion board to ask questions if something is unclear.
In this course you will learn how to apply DevOps. Why DevOps? It is one of the most sought after skills in the IT industry. The average salary in the US is $105,000 per year (source: Glassdoor), up to an average of $146,000 in San Fransisco (source: Indeed).
The course is aimed at software engineers and system administrators that want to deliver better software. Other IT professionals can also take this course, but might have to do some extra research to understand some of the concepts.
You will learn how to improve the Software Development Lifecycle by applying techniques to improve software delivery. I will explain how to improve delivery using automation, configuration management, provisioning and deployment tools. I also cover newer tools like Docker and Kubernetes. Where possible I point you towards the best practices in the field.
The course is very practical. There is about 3 to 4 hours of lectures, but you want to try out everything yourself, which will add multiple hours of learning. If you get stuck with the technology while trying, there is support available. I will answer your messages on the message boards and we have a Facebook group where you can post questions.
February 2016 Updates:
- Added content about building tools like sbt and maven
- By popular demand: added more Docker content about the architecture, images, volumes, and networking
- This course is suitable for System Administrators, Developers, IT Managers, IT Operations team members, who want to learn more about DevOps. If you are not exposed to software delivery, this course might not be suitable for you.
Created by Edward Viaene
Last updated 8/2018
English, Spanish [Auto-generated]
Size: 1.06 GB