Unreal Engine C++ Developer: Learn C++ and Make Video Games
Unreal Engine C++ Developer: Learn C++ and Make Video Games : Created in collaboration with Epic Games. Learn C++ from basics while making your first 4 video games in Unreal
What you’ll learn
- C++, the games industry standard language.
- How to use the Unreal Engine 4 Editor.
- Git as a version control and backup system.
- Object Oriented Programming and how to put it into practice.
- Sound effects and audio to add depth to your games.
- Game design principles.
- Programming patterns and best practices.
- Unreal’s Terrain Editor to create epic landscapes.
- Artificial Intelligence behaviour programming for enemies.
- Strong and transferable problem solving skills.
- Modern game development technologies and techniques.
- A fundamental understanding of computers.
- Write code that is clean and to understand.
- Unreal Gameplay Framework to make games easily.
- Advanced vehicle physics.
- Blackboard and Behaviour Tree for customizable AI.
- Animation Blueprint for custom character animation.
- C++ template programming to reduce repetition.
- Vector maths for game play and physics calculations.
- 64-bit PC capable of running Unreal 4 (recommended).
- Or a Mac running MacOS 10.14 Mojave or higher
- About 15GB of free disc space.
This “critically-acclaimed” and “insanely successful” Unreal Engine course was created in collaboration with Epic Games.
The course has been fully updated and remastered to Unreal Engine 4.22+. Existing students get all the new material for free.
The course now has high-quality handwritten subtitles throughout, available as closed captions so you can turn them on or off at your convenience. This is one of the best Unreal Engine tutorials on the web.
This course started as a runaway success on Kickstarter. Get involved now, and get access to all future content as it’s added. The final course will be over 50 hours of content and 300+ lectures.
Learn how to create and mod video games using Unreal Engine 4, even if you’re a complete beginner. Unreal is a free-to-use game development engine used by AAA studios and indie developers worldwide. It can be a complex beast to get into, but we break it down step-by-step
Already know Unreal and want to learn VR or Multiplayer? Check out our other Unreal courses, just look for the green leaf for our other world-class Unreal courses.
We start super simple so you need no prior experience of Unreal or coding! With our online tutorials, you’ll be amazed at what you can achieve. We believe project-based learning is the best way to learn Unreal Engine.
Benefit from our world-class support from both other students, and the instructors who are on the forums regularly. Go on to build several games including a tank game, and a First Person Shooter.
You will have access to a course forum where you can discuss topics on a course-wide basis, or down to the individual video. Our thriving discussion forum will help you learn and share ideas with other students.
You will learn C++, the powerful industry-standard language from scratch. By the end of the course, you’ll be very confident in the basics of coding and game development, and hungry to learn more.
“Any serious game programmer needs to know C++”Jason Gregory, Lead Programmer at Naughty Dog (creators of Uncharted & The Last of Us)
Anyone who wants to learn to create games: Unreal Engine is a fantastic platform which enables you to make AAA-quality games. Furthermore, these games can be created for Windows, consoles, macOS, iOS, Android and Web from a single source!
If you’re a complete beginner, we’ll teach you all the coding and game design principles you’ll need. If you’re an artist, we’ll teach you to bring your assets to life. If you’re a coder, we’ll teach you game design principles.
What this course DOESN’T cover…
Whereas this course is already huge, we can’t possibly cover everything in that time. Here are some things we will not be covering…
- Team collaboration topics.
- Editor plugins or modifications.
- Physics engine modification.
- Multiplayer features.
Note: access to this course comes with an optional, free community site where you can share games and 3D models, as well as connect with other students.
Start to learn Unreal C++ now, you won’t be disappointed!
Who this course is for:
- Competent and confident with using a computer.
- Artists who want to bring their assets alive in a game engine.
- Developers who want to re-skill across to coding.
- Complete beginners who are willing to work hard.
- Existing programmers who want to re-skill to game development.
Created by Ben Tristem, Sam Pattuzzi, GameDev.tv Team, Rob Brooks
Last updated 7/2020
Size : 18.56 GB