Vue JS 3: Composition API (with Pinia & Vite)
Already know the Options API? Switch over to the Composition API as quickly as possible!
What you’ll learn
How to switch over from Vue 2 & Options API to Vue 3 & Composition API
Core differences between Options API & Composition API
State Management using Pinia
Create a real-world app from scratch with Vue 3, Composition API, Pinia & Vite
Basic understanding of Vue 2 & Options API
If you’re already familiar with Vue 2 & The Options API, then this course will teach you everything you need to know to switch over to (and get started with) Vue 3 & the amazing new Composition API.
My name’s Danny, I’m an Indie App Developer & Creator of Fudget, the highest rated personal finance app for iOS, Android, Mac & Windows.
And I’ve spent the last 12 months creating Fudget 2 – which is built on Vue 3 & The Composition API.
In this course you’ll start by learning the key differences between the Options API & Composition API by creating a simple Options API app & converting it to the Composition API.
You’ll then master all of the basics including:
- Reactive data with Refs & Reactive Objects
- Methods, Computed Properties & Watchers
- Lifecycle Hooks
- Vue Router
- Child Components – including the new ways of handling props, emits & modelValue
- Dynamic Components
- Composables – how to create them from scratch & how to import them from the VueUse library
- And you’ll learn State Management using Pinia, the incredible successor to Vuex
After learning the basics, you’re gonna create a real world app called Noteballs from scratch – which has full CRUD capabilities, uses Pinia for State Management and demonstrates real-world use of all the basics you learned earlier.
After this course, you’ll be able to create your own Vue 3 apps based entirely on the Composition API – from scratch.
Please check out the preview videos & I look forward to seeing you in the course.
Who this course is for:
- Developers familiar with Vue 2 & Options API who want to switch over to Vue 3 & Composition API
Created by Danny Connell
Last updated 3/2022
Size: 4.91 GB