Complete Godot 4 Game Developer 2D Online Course
Learn how to create 2D games from start to finish in Godot engine 4 and GDScript!
What you’ll learn
Get the most out of the new Godot 4 game engine by making 2D video games
Make 3 different awesome games, while learning the fundamentals and key concepts of Godot 4
Learn key concepts of Godot such as using Nodes, Scenes, Scripting & Signals
Use Godot’s built-in scripting language, GDScript, to create interesting game mechanics
Learn the fundamentals of programming such as if statements, loops, functions, coroutines, and more
Discover how to use the new Tilemap, the animation player and other important nodes you need to know to make amazing games
There’s no prerequisites for taking this course. Whether you’re an absolute beginner or have some programming or Godot experience, this course is for you!
Learn how to get the most out of the new Godot 4 game engine by making 2D video games.
We take you through the fundamentals and key concepts of Godot. You’ll use Godot’s built-in scripting language, GDScript, to create interesting game mechanics.
Plus, you’ll learn the fundamentals of programming such as if statements, loops, functions, coroutines, and more.
By the end you know how to use the new Tilemap, the animation player and other important nodes to make amazing games!
You’ll create 3, yes 3!, games in Godot 4…
- Speed Saucer: a Collision Avoidance Game where you’ll learn Godots fundamentals, scenes, nodes, instancing, scripting and more
- Alien Attack: 2D Side Scrolling Space Shooter Game covering physics, movement logic, creating UI (user interface), particles and more. You’ll be shooting projectiles and keeping score!
- Martian Mike: 2D Platformer Game packed full of new skills including animations, scene management, tilemap and many more
Whether you’re a complete beginner or have dabbled in Godot before, this course will have something for you.
You’ll get full lifetime access for a single one-off fee. The creators are qualified and experienced with modelling and coding, so are able to explain complex concepts clearly, as well as entertain along the way.
And you’ll get access to the Q&A where our Instructors, Teaching Assistants and Community are ready to help answer your questions and cheer on your success.
Godot 4 is an amazing engine and this course is the perfect place to dive into it! ?
Who this course is for:
- Absolute beginners to Godot and programming
- Absolute beginners to Godot who know some programming
- Beginner and lower intermediate users of Godot
Created by Kaan Alpar, GameDev.tv Team
Last updated 5/2023
Size: 4.90 GB
Google Drive Links