Multithreading and Parallel Computing in Java
Multithreadin and concurrent programming, parallel computation in java
- Understand basic concurrency
- Understand the basics of multithreading
- Understand parallel processing
- Able to use the concepts in real life scenarios
- Basic Java (inheritance, object oriented programming)
This course is about the basics of multithreading and concurrent programming with some parallel concepts. In the 21th century this topic is becoming more and more popular with the advent of Big Data and Machine Learning. We will consider the low level concepts such as threads, synchronization and locks. The second chapter will be about concurrent library: of course there are built in classes and interfaces that we can use when implementing multithreaded applications. Then we develope little programs as show-cases for multithreading: the dining-philosopher problem or the students in library simulation. Last chapter is about parallel computing.
Thanks for joining my course, let’s get started!
- This course is meant for students who want to get a good grasp on multithreading in java or just want a quick refresher
Created by Holczer Balazs
Last updated 9/2017
Size: 873.07 MB