React & TypeScript – The Practical Guide
Build type-safe React apps & use TypeScript to enhance your components, state management, Redux & side effects code.
What you’ll learn
Learn how to build React apps with TypeScript
Get a structured introduction to TypeScript
Use both basic & advanced TypeScript concepts
Build dynamic & highly flexible components with React & TypeScript
Build advanced & highly dynamic components in a type-safe way
Use TypeScript with React’s Context API & useReducer() Hook
Manage state and events with React and TypeScript
Use TypeScript with Redux for type-safe global state management
Basic React knowledge of core concepts (components, JSX, state) is needed
NO prior TypeScript knowledge is required
TypeScript is an amazing technology that helps developers write better code with less errors – simply because it let’s you catch & fix type-related errors immediately whilst writing the code (instead of when testing the application).
But using TypeScript with React can sometimes be tricky. Especially when building more complex, dynamic components, defining the right types can be challenging.
That’s why I built this course!
This course will teach you how to use TypeScript with React – and, of course, the course will introduce you to all the core concepts & patterns you need to work with components, state, side effects & more in a type-safe way!
This course will:
- Teach you WHY using TypeScript in your React projects might be a good idea
- Introduce you to the key TypeScript concepts you’ll need – when working with React & in general
- Get you started with using TypeScript with React – for components, state & more
- Explore more advanced, complex patterns & examples
- Help you with building dynamic or even polymorphic components in a type-safe way
- Teach you how to use TypeScript with React’s Context API
- Explore how you can enhance code used with useReducer() with help of TypeScript
- Cover data fetching & useEffect() with TypeScript
- Use the popular Redux library in a type-safe way
- Build or improve multiple demo projects so that can apply your knowledge
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to use TypeScript in your own (future) React projects and write better, more type-safe code.
- NO prior TypeScript knowledge is required – though basic knowledge will help (but the course includes an introduction module)
- Basic React knowledge (components, JSX, state) IS required – more advanced concepts will be explained though
Who this course is for:
- React developers who want to improve the quality & type-safety of their codebase
- TypeScript developers who want to apply their knowledge to React apps
Created by Academind by Maximilian Schwarzmüller, Maximilian Schwarzmüller
Last updated 11/2023
Size: 2.85 GB