Tweetme | Build a Twitter-like app step by step with Django
Learn Django 1.10, jQuery, and Bootstrap step by step by building a real project that works like Twitter!
What you’ll learn
- Build a real service like Twitter.com
- A deeper understanding of Django
- Build projects that rely on an API using the Django Rest Framework
- Working with AJAX and jQuery
Auto-generate hashtags and hashtag filter (#yourtag)
- Build projects using Django 1.10
- Integrate Bootstrap as a front end framework
- Try Django 1.8 & Up (our courses)
- 30 Days of Python (not required but highly recommended)
Social media has changed the way we communicate with each other. The power behind social media allows us to do amazing things together. What exactly is behind it? Well.. it’s Simple Web Application concepts that can be applied to ALL and ANY web applications that you may build.
In this course we’re going to teach you what’s behind how Twitter works. Now, Twitter has hundreds of developers so what we’re actually building is the basis of what Twitter once was, the absolute most simple things by learning more Django along the way.
What are we going to learn:
- Ajax + jQuery to “Tweet” messages
- Tag users directly (@user)
- Use Hashtags (#newtag)
- Integrate Bootstrap
- Using an Ajax form within a Bootstrap Modal
- Django Rest Framework
- Follow users (via Ajax)
- Like posts (via Ajax)
- Retweet posts (via Ajax)
- Class Based Views
- Custom Template Tags
- Counting characters in a form
- Basic Registration
- And much more!
We do everything step-by-step so even if you’re an absolute beginner, you can follow along. Cheers!
- Python programmers (new ones included)
- Django developers
- Anyone looking to build a real project
- Motivated would-be developers
Created by Justin Mitchel
Last updated 12/2016
Size: 1.71 GB