[ZerotoMastery] Java Programming Bootcamp: Zero to Mastery
Learn Java from scratch with an industry expert. You’ll learn Java programming fundamentals all the way to advanced skills and reinforce your learning with over 80 exercises and 18 quizzes. The only course you need to go from complete programming beginner to being able to get hired as a Backend Developer!
We guarantee you that this is the most comprehensive and up-to-date Java bootcamp course. You will learn Java coding from scratch, solidify your knowledge with exercises, build fun projects, and gain the skills you need to get hired as a Java Developer in 2023!
What you’ll learn
- Learn Java SE syntax and concepts such as object-oriented programming, exception handling, file I/O, functional programming and more
- Learn to write clean, bug-free Java code using best practices
- Master Java programming from fundamentals all the way to advanced skills
- Learn one of the best, most widely-used programming languages
- Practice your skills with 80+ exercises (with solutions)
- Put your knowledge to the test with 18+ quizzes
- Build fun games like Wordle, Hangman, Tic Tac Toe, and Trivial Pursuit
- Have the skills and understanding of Java to confidently apply for Java programming jobs
This Java bootcamp course covers everything you need to become a Backend Developer in 2023 and is focused on efficiency.
That means you’ll never have to spend time on confusing, out-of-date, incomplete tutorials anymore (don’t worry, we’ve all been there…).
Instead, we’ll teach you the fundamentals but then quickly push you beyond the basics and your comfort zone so that you can build professional, modern backends for applications on your own.
The success stories speak for themselves.
Graduates of Zero To Mastery are now working at Google, Tesla, Amazon, Apple, IBM, Uber, Facebook, Shopify + other top tech companies. They are also working as top freelancers getting paid while working remotely around the world.
This can be you.
By enrolling today, you’ll also get to join our exclusive live online community classroom to learn alongside thousands of students, alumni, mentors, TAs and Instructors.
Most importantly, you will learn from a senior industry professional that has actual real-world experience working with Java.
What’s So Great About Java?
Java is one of the most widely-used programming languages in the world. Why? Because it’s a multipurpose object oriented programming language used for developing a wide range of different applications such as web, mobile, and desktop. One of its most famous features is that it’s platform independent.
Don’t know what that all means or why that matters to you?
Fair enough. Let’s condense it into this equation instead:
Beloved programming language + widely used by companies = great job prospects
In fact, there are 76,000+ job postings on ZipRecruiter listed for Java Developers.
Plus Java is a high-level programming language, meaning that the syntax is easier to read than other low-level languages making it a great programming language for complete beginners to learn.
Thanks to its semi-complexity though, it does mean that there are a lot of job opportunities for people who know this language.
So if you are looking for something:
- That’s easy(ish) to learn
- With lots of job demand
- And can provide generous compensation
Then it’s time to learn Java!
Here’s what this Java Bootcamp course covers:
This course, like all Zero To Mastery courses, is constantly being updated.
As the Java ecosystem evolves, this course evolves with it with brand new lectures and resources. This will be your go-to place to find the latest Java best practices and resources anytime in the future.
Important Note: every section comes with step-by-step exercises and solutions. So even if you don’t like to code along, you’ll be able to put your skills to the test and reinforce your understanding of the concepts so that you’ll have an incredible foundation for your Java career.
Here’s a breakdown of what’s taught in this Java course:
1. WELCOME TO JAVA – Get introduced to Java, understand its importance, and learn about the course, your instructor, and technical environment setup.
2. JAVA APPLICATION STRUCTURE – Be able to work with classes, objects, packages, and class members, and practice structuring a Java application with a football tournament exercise.
3. JAVA VARIABLES AND ARRAYS – Apply Java primitives, strings, arrays, operations, and casting, with exercises to apply these concepts.
4. JAVA PRIMITIVES VS. OBJECTS – Understand the difference between primitives and objects, stack and heap, and pass by value vs pass by reference.
5. JAVA CONTROL FLOW – Master control flow structures like if, switch, while, do-while, for, and for-each loops.
6. WRITING AND USING JAVA METHODS – Be able to create methods, use input parameters, return types, and invoke methods.
7. ACCESS MODIFIERS AND STATIC – Understand access modifiers (public, protected, default, private) and the static modifier.
8. JAVA STRINGS AND STRINGBUILDER – Explore the String class, immutability, comparing strings, and StringBuilder.
9. WORKING WITH DATES AND TIMES – Learn about LocalDate, LocalTime, LocalDateTime, ZonedDateTime, Duration, Period, and formatting dates.
10. JAVA OBJECT-ORIENTED PROGRAMMING (OOP) – Understand object-oriented programming, its three pillars, and apply inheritance to various classes.
11. INTERMEDIATE JAVA: CONSTRUCTORS – Learn about constructors, default and custom constructors, super() and this(), and constructors in inheritance.
12. INTERMEDIATE JAVA: ENUMS – Understand enums, basic enums, enums with fields, and their inner workings, with exercises to practice the concepts.
13. INTERMEDIATE JAVA: INTERFACES AND ABSTRACT CLASSES – Know how to deal with interfaces, abstract classes, and more.
14. INTERMEDIATE JAVA: COLLECTIONS AND GENERICS – Master generics, collection frameworks (List, Set, Queue, Map), and create a class with a type parameter.
15. INTERMEDIATE JAVA: EXCEPTIONS – Learn about exceptions, throwing exceptions, handling exceptions, and custom exceptions.
16. INTERMEDIATE JAVA: READING AND WRITING FILES – Know how to apply reading and writing to files using FileReader and FileWriter.
17. ADVANCED JAVA: LAMBDA EXPRESSIONS AND FUNCTIONAL INTERFACES – Use functional interfaces, lambda expressions, and built-in functional interfaces.
18. ADVANCED JAVA: FUNCTIONAL PROGRAMMING – Understand method references, the Stream API, and using the Stream API with lambdas.
19. ADVANCED JAVA: THE JAVA MEMORY CONCEPTS – This is my (Maaike) favorite topic!. In this section you’ll learn to understand Java memory concepts like heap, stack, metaspace, and garbage collection.
20. ADVANCED JAVA: CONCURRENCY – Get started with multithreading, creating and managing threads.
What’s the bottom line?
This course is not about making you just code along without understanding the principles so that when you’re done with the course you don’t know what to do other than watch another Java tutorial. No!
This course will push you and challenge you to go from complete beginner to someone that is in the top 10% of Java programmers 💪.
And you have nothing to lose. You can start learning right now and if this course isn’t everything you expected, we’ll refund you 100% within 30 days. No hassles and no questions asked.
Taught by: Maaike van Putten
Last updated: July 2023
Size: 1.30 GB