NestJs in Practice (with MongoDB)
It’s like Angular but for the backend! Build a modern REST backend with Typescript and the familiar Angular API
What you’ll learn
Code in Github repository with downloadable ZIP files per section
NestJs Deep Dive – Modules, Controllers, Services, Pipes, Middleware, Guards, etc.
NestJs Design Patterns – Controllers and Repositories
Complete NestJs / MongoDB CRUD example
Mongoose ODM (Object to Document Mapping) library
Introduction to MongoDB
Decorator-based Data Validation
Authentication in NestJs with JSON Web Tokens (JWT)
NestJs RBAC Authorization (Role-Based Access Control)
No prior knowledge of NestJs or Angular is needed
Prior knowledge of Typescript is important
This Course in a Nutshell
If you don’t know NestJs, it’s like Angular but for the backend. With it, we can write our backend using the same concepts and object-oriented APIs that we already use to structure our Angular frontend: components, services, modules, pipes, etc.
NestJs is also quite similar to popular libraries that you might already be used to, such as, for example, the Spring library in the Java ecosystem, or ASP.NET MVC for the C# ecosystem.
In this course, you are going to learn from scratch how to design and develop a NestJs backend that will take the form of a REST API that queries a MongoDB database using the Mongoose ODM (Object Document Mapping) library. We will be providing a complete CRUD example showing how to perform the most common REST data retrieval and data modification operations using NestJs.
No prior NestJs, MongoDB or Mongoose knowledge is assumed as we will explain everything from scratch. We will cover all the essential NestJs concepts such as Modules, Controllers and injectable services.
We will learn in detail how to validate business data using a decorator based approach (with decorators like @IsString(), @IsPhoneNumber(), etc.) by leveraging the built-in NestJs Validation pipe.
We will also implement using NestJs commonly needed backend security functionality such as User Authentication, RBAC (Role-Based Access Control) Authorization, error handling, and cover more advanced NestJs concepts such as Filters, Pipes, Guards, interceptors and middleware.
Table of Contents
This course covers the following topics:
- Introduction to NestJs
- Running NestJs in Hot Reload and Debug mode
- Writing our first NestJs REST endpoint
- NestJs Modules, Controllers and injectable Services
- Introduction to MongoDB
- Setting up a cloud MongoDB database
- Introduction to the Mongoose ODM library
- Querying MongoDB from a NestJs REST endpoint
- Complete CRUD example with NestJs and MongoDB
- NestJs Filters and custom error handling
- NestJs Pipes, building a custom pipe
- Data Validation with class-validator and the Validation pipe
- NestJs Middleware
- User Authentication with NestJs
- NestJs RBAC (Role-Based Access Control) Authorization
- NestJs Guards
What Will You Learn In this Course?
After taking this course, you will feel comfortable designing and developing applications using NestJs. You will have learned everything that you need to know in practice for designing and developing production-ready secure backends using the NestJs framework.
Who this course is for:
- Web Developers in general, looking for a detailed guide to the NestJs framework
- Angular Developers, looking to reuse some of the same Angular concepts and apply them to the backend as well
Created by Angular University
Last updated 6/2022
Size: 1.21 GB
hello, this torrent need seed to complete …. actually we are blocked at 82.7%
Seed Please . Am Stuck At 99% 🙁